Hamrick Software Reviews

Show reviews that mention
customer software problem scanner vuescan page error issue business version
Filter review

Problem with scanning multiple pages

I set up viewscan for multiple pages. Most of the time when I scan the second page and try to save it, I get a choice to overwrite the first page or cancel. Sometimes "Scan+" appears at the bottom of the page, and sometimes just "Scan." There seems to be no rhyme or reason why multiple pages can sometimes be appended to previous pages. Can't find log file. Scanner: Canoscan 99000F, MacOs 11.5.2 (Big Sur). Please help!

User's recommendation: Demand better customer service, without finding log file.

ID
#2819868 Review #2819868 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Many scanners
Cons
  • Cannot contact company by phone email cant find log file
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Installer fails

david, with the intent to buy it, i downloaded your latest vuescan (vuex64-9.7.62.exe). it fails to install. instead it posts "VueScan had stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." so it appears something in my system is preventing the installer to work. please help. call me anytime at 503 662 ****. cheers, jim
ID

Just wanted to ask question of company

I am actually not a pissed customer. I have no problem at all with Hamrick software. All issues amicably resolved.
#1994317

I am glad, you got appropriate support. It is about other people.

But I am interested in Hamrick criterias of consumer treating. I am not so satisfied as a lot of people. I am considering the possibility of legal actions, concerning the Vuescan or making video about its practice. So please put here a screenshot of your Vuescan log file.

Or simply write, which models or model of scanner did have that time and how many devices were there. Regards, Alex Terkinov

#1984706

Thank you! Hamrick Software

Daly City, California

Verified Reviewer

Software not working and can't reach them/no response

Nov 4, 2020 bought vuescan for $89. License S/N: 10671****; Customer #210216****. When I try to scan tells me to buy software to avoid the watermarks. I bought it. Left many messages on their contact place on their website. No one is responding. Going on over a week. Need a response now.

User's recommendation: Careful.

#1984707

Hi - Sorry you have had problems. Have you looked at our FAQ?

As this explains how to enter your license information and remove the watermarks.

We do respond to all customers - but 95% of the questions we receive are covered in the FAQ. Thanks.

Acton, Massachusetts

Verified Reviewer

Ugly relations to a lot of consumers

Hamrick Software - Ugly relations to a lot of consumers
Hamrick Software - Ugly relations to a lot of consumers
Update by user Mar 30, 2021

Edward Hamrick asked me to continue and stated, that I have made approximately 5K of profits. No decision.

There was one word answer for my suggestions -prolix. I had deep look into my situation and the reasons of such behaviour and made the video. Hamrick software is probably monopolist on the film scanning software market, and Vuescan can be not main. He has patents for ceofuels which cost at least 100 millions USA dollars.

He think he will earn this sum. The video is below.

Original review posted by user Sep 17, 2020
The smart software with ugly service, trying to make consumers to write support letters according to its desires. They are described nowhere. Buy only Pro version and only with full combination of conditions: You need to scan films in big numbers. Especially of bad quality. There is a lot of software for text scanning with normal support Paperscan is free. There are no drivers or comfortable software for your scanner and for your OS and it is not supported by Silverfast. Their support is not better. But it is cheaper. You can afford 100 dollars, knowing about bad service. The software is functional but such support… You have no free license. You are against piracy. Pirates are robbers, but sometimes they really help in technical issues. That is my situation. Support writes to the consumer - Again, I have no memory of our past emails. The “drivers” means nothing to me. Stop writing to me, this is waste of time.” “Wonderful “ support! Details The Vuescan is installed both on real Windows 10 machine and physical machine with Windows XP. All found full texts of emails with Hamrick software and log are enclosed. I use its Vuescan software to scan films with Hewlett Packard Scanjet 4600 scanner. There are no official Support of the device from Hewlett Packard, when the scanner is installed on Windows XP. So, I spend a lot of time and money to select software, study descriptions on the Vuescan site of all the scanners to find all the film scanners, supported by software . I need those which allow to scan films without cutting. That is why, I looked all descriptions on hamrick.com and info on other sites. They are very rare in my country. Then, bought one. So buy and install Windows XP, on computer imitation (look Vmware software to know or google “virtual machine”). There is some error on the XP. I can not understand its reason. May be, I was asked to send a log. I sent it to Hamrick,. Read it contents in the file enclosed. The support asked to install the driver. It was installed by me on both locations. Nothing changed and I have written about it. And what is the answer: “Again, I have no memory of our past emails. The “drivers” means nothing to me. Stop writing to me, this is waste of time.” There is the essence of my claim: I have a problem with software. I have installed virtual machine to use it, found and bought and OS a scanner to use it, now I have errors. As normal customer I have made support log which is necessary, copied this log to real machine. May be even made a video somebody to understand, what happens and enclosed it. I waited 2 or three days for the answers. I did not insist, I simply reminded. I was instructed to install drivers. Ok installed. Everything repeats. What are the further actions? I was interested in my actions. And was ready to wait. And now, when the issue is not solved. I am written, I was wasting time. By the way my letters were short. And you write word “regards”. Really there are no regards, and no respect in such approach. Hamrick priced software at 100 dollars. Where is 100 dollars service? NOT. THANK IS WHY I THINK, THAT NOW 2 USUAL FREE KEYS, AND SOLVING THE ISSUE WILL BE NOT COMPLETE BUT FAIR DECISION. IT is Hamrick happiness, I am not in USA. FOR ME WORDS AND PHRASES THE DRIVER, YOU WRITTEN, ERROR REPEATS HAVE MEANING. AND THEY SHOULD HAVE MEANING FOR NORMAL SUPPORT FOR 100 DOLLARS SOFTWARE. Posting on Facebook was useless and my access to the page was blocked by Hamrick Software. It will be good, if they get for this also. See email contents and log file in the video.

User's recommendation: Not to buy or buy only Pro versions with mentioned conditions.

#1994315

#1984933

Did you think before writing? Did you read the massage?

I have contacted your support. Do you seriously consider I shall pay for Vuescan? Frankly speaking, you should pay moral losses from your support. It would be honest for these people.

I am glad for people which have no issues.

I am not from them. Your time of existense and number of consumers are not essential for me and other unsatisfied people.

#1984709

The license is for life. There are no further payments.

We have had customers with us for over 20 years. VueScan supports over 6000 scanners and is free to download and test with your scanner before purchase.

You can contact support via our FAQ - we respond to every question. Thankyou.

#1984934
@VueScan

Did you think before writing? Did you read the massage?

I am glad for people which have no issues.

View more comments (3)
ID
Pros
  • Good for scanning big number of films
  • Smart software
  • Functional
Cons
  • Worst client service i have ever met
  • High price
  • Better buy something else for text scanning
2 free keys and solve the issue

Very arrogant customer support

I bought their really superb software - VueScan. Since I am from Europe and I bought the software for my company, I need the sellers (Hamrick Software) registration number (yes, I know that in the USA it is not mandatory, but in Europe the financial organs usually ask for it - to avoid making transaction to overseas "phantom companies"). I reviced the following mails: 1. "I have no idea what a "registration number" is - we're free people in the US and don't have such silliness." - I explained what Reg. Num. should be. after: 2. "Don't play lawyer with me - I've had 40 years experience doing business in dozens of countries. This silly RN database is for textile and wool products - nothing to do with software sales." - after i explained that im not playing lawyer, im a CLIENT who deserves a bit more respect: 3. "And now you're not a client - I've refunded your purchase and permanently blocked you from ever buying VueScan. And yes, please publicize that I don't like being treated rudely." - I didnt treat them rudely, i was just asking for a reg. number... if any...

User's recommendation: dont buy their products.

#1994314

#1984711

Apologies - but we don't supply a registration number. Invoices can be generated from our Support page.

We are a small company and licence information / lost numbers / invoices etc are all generated on-line. We have many European customers (from large companies) who are customers and this information is sufficient for them.

ID
#1943765 Review #1943765 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Hamrick Software Customer Care
Pros
  • Very good software
Cons
  • Worst client service i have ever met
Apology

Went to a large public uniwersity in Butler Co. Ohio

Used the University copy of Wue Scan which I've done before without issue today the program added an unwelcome watermark to my slide conversion
#1984712

You need to run VueScan - and go to Help | About and enter your license information. This is covered in our FAQ if you need assistance - or you can contact Support.

Oxford, Ohio
Product
Hamrick Software Graphics Software
Bad quality

I bought the professional version of vieswscan for Mac Elcapitan

Serial# 10797**** Customer# 99632**** and the option for scanning negative films is not available ! Please help as it is just for that purpose that Ipurchased viewscan. My scanner is an Epson V700.
Peyrolles-En-Provence, Provence-Alpes-Cote Dazur
Product
Hamrick Software Vuescan Professional Graphics Software
Damaged or defective

VueScan needs help as a company

I purchased the standard version from vuescan. The customer service is terrible to non existent. Obviously Ed Hambrick has an attitude problem with the public. Customer service is the last place to employ him. I never did get the software to function consistently. He replied initially however when he got down to issues he stopped replying, knew I was a customer, knew I was not able to get it to work, Knew he advertised one price and charged another...he knew this because he set his website up that way, and now I don't hear from him AND he's got the money. BUYER BEWARE!!!!! [I HAVE THE INTERNET ENTRY RECORD TO BACK THIS UP in case anyone wants to go to court.] Then he reserves the right to take two months to reply.!!!!! What do you do with the scanning job while he uses your money and pretends he is offended that you even bothered him with such trivia. Vuescan seems widely used. If customer support is so highly personal and inefficient the money and time wasted trying to business with him is worth the lesson. My error. LLOYD
#1994313

I am considering the possibility of legal actions, concerning the Vuescan or making video about its practice. So please put here a screenshot of your Vuescan log file. Or simply write, which models or model of scanner did have that time and how many devices were there.

Greenbelt, Maryland
Bad quality

VueScan - Hamrick Software - Dishonest - Buyer Beware!

I was working on a family project and had to quickly scan a lot of pictures into digital files to put together a slideshow. After a quick internet search I found a product called VueScan at http://www.hamrick.com/. The site stated that VueScan is an easy-to-use replacement for the software that came with your scanner and supports over 1850 different flatbed scanners, printer/scanners and film scanners. I purchased the software and when I installed and tried to use it I got the following error message: "No scanners were found connected to your computer, and no raw scan files were found." I checked http://www.hamrick.comSupport page (which consisted only of a one page FAQ) and found in their FAQs that software does not even work with my scanner! This is disappointing as I even listed the type of scanner on their order form. If they don't support my scanner they should not have processed the purchase. I work for a large Software company and used my work email to write to Ed Hamrick of VueScan explaining the issue requesting a refund. Ed Hamrick of Hamrick Software refused to give me a refund because he said he had a dispute 30 years ago with the company I now work for. In his email he stated in effect that he was happy to have the opportunity to rip me off. This guy is a *** and a rip-off. Anyone who does business with him or his company, Hamrick Software, deserves what they get.
#1994318

Hamrick has a list of supported scanners, which you obviously found. And you found that your scannaer was not included.

The question is: why didn't you look through that list before purchasing? Do you frequently make ***-nilly purchases without due diligence?

Los Angeles, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article